Disqus is a well-known commenting system that allows visitors to your blog or website to leave feedback. If you have a Ghost blog, you may be looking for ways to integrate Disqus comments so that your readers can easily join the conversation. In this post, we’ll look at the various ways you can integrate Disqus comments with Ghost CMS.
Before we get into the details, let’s first define Ghost and how it works. Ghost is a content management system (CMS) created specifically for bloggers and online publishers. It has a large community of users and developers who contribute to the platform and offers a simple and intuitive interface for creating, editing, and publishing content.
Now, let’s look at the various methods for integrating Disqus comments with Ghost:
- Use a custom code injection
- Use the official Ghost Disqus integration
- Use a Ghost theme that includes Disqus integration
Follow these steps to use a custom code injection to add Disqus comments to your Ghost blog:
- Log in to your Ghost account and navigate to the “Code injection” section in the main menu.
- In the “Blog Header” box, paste the Disqus embed code. The Disqus embed code should look like this:
var disqus_shortname = 'YOUR_DISQUS_SHORTNAME';
dsq.src = 'https://' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js';
(document.getElementsByTagName('head') || document.getElementsByTagName('body')).appendChild(dsq);
Be sure to replace
YOUR_DISQUS_SHORTNAME with your actual Disqus short name.
Save your changes. Once you’ve added the Disqus embed code to your Ghost blog, the Disqus comments system will be enabled on all of your blog posts. It is simple to use custom code injection.
The official Ghost Disqus integration is the simplest way to add Disqus comments to your Ghost blog. It’s a simple process that requires little setup, and it’s ideal for bloggers with little technical knowledge. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a Disqus account. You’ll need to create an account at disqus.com if you don’t already have one. Signing up is free, but you must provide some basic information such as your email address and a password.
- Enable the Disqus lab. Log in to your Ghost account and select “Labs” from the main menu. You should then see a list of available labs features. Locate the “Disqus” lab and click “Enable.”
- Configure the Disqus integration. After you’ve enabled the Disqus lab, you’ll need to configure the integration to work with your Disqus account. To do this, go to the “Integrations” section of the main menu and click on the Disqus integration.
Another simple way to add Disqus comments to your blog is to use a Ghost theme with Disqus integration. A Ghost theme is a template that determines the look and feel of your blog. Some Ghost themes include built-in Disqus integration, which means you won’t have to do any extra work to get it up and running. When you use a Ghost theme with Disqus integration, the commenting system is automatically enabled on all of your blog posts.
- Set up the Disqus integration. After installing the Ghost theme, configure the Disqus integration to work with your Disqus account. Log in to your Disqus account and navigate to the “Integrations” section. You should then see a list of available integrations. To complete the setup process, locate the Ghost integration and follow the on-screen instructions.
In conclusion, integrating Disqus comments with Ghost CMS is a simple and effective way to boost engagement and encourage readers to leave feedback on your blog. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced blogger, you’ll find that Disqus is a powerful tool that can help you build a more interactive and engaging blog. Besides, if you need any help or want to buy ghost blog themes then visit our site below- themeix.com